Hyatt House New Orleans Downtown Opens
An adaptive reuse of an existing 24-story office building, the 194-room hotel occupies seven floors within the building and connects to the adjacent Hyatt Regency New Orleans through a second-floor sky bridge. The hotels location at Poydras Street and Loyola Avenue provides ideal accessibility to the Central Business District, Arts, Sports & Entertainment Districts, and new BioDistrict.
Yesterday, Hyatt House New Orleans/Downtown celebrated its opening, marking the first Hyatt House hotel in New Orleans.
Owned by affiliate Waypoint NOLA, LLC and operated by Hyatt, Hyatt House New Orleans/Downtown is located in New Orleans’ burgeoning downtown area, and will provide guests the service and convenience of hotel living with the casual comforts of home.
“New Orleans has made remarkable strides over the past decade to reclaim its position as a world-class destination,” said Chris Robertson, owner and developer of Waypoint NOLA, LLC. “Inspired by the city’s flourishing economies, I am pleased to introduce the Hyatt House brand to further diversify New Orleans’ room product.”
An adaptive reuse of an existing 24-story office building, the 194-room hotel occupies seven floors within the building and connects to the adjacent Hyatt Regency New Orleans through a second-floor sky bridge. The hotel’s location at Poydras Street and Loyola Avenue provides ideal accessibility to the Central Business District, Arts, Sports & Entertainment Districts, and new BioDistrict, as well as popular attractions such as the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Smoothie King Center, French Quarter, Loyola Streetcar Line, Mississippi Riverfront, and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
“As a New Orleans native, I am delighted to see the city’s new BioDistrict and robust hospitality industry bring exciting new developments to local neighborhoods and communities,” said Jane Tebbe Shute, general manager, Hyatt House New Orleans/Downtown. “Our guests can appreciate the hotel’s contemporary design and the apartment-style suites with full kitchens. With spaces that fit the needs of our guests and the hotel’s prime location, we are poised for success and are excited to contribute to the ongoing economic success of New Orleans.”
Hyatt House New Orleans/Downtown will offer:
- 194 guestrooms, including 114-residentially inspired upscale rooms, both one-bedroom suites and studio king guestrooms, that feature fully-equipped kitchens, comfortable living rooms and spacious bedrooms, as well as 80 upscale Den guestrooms that feature a seating area with a couch and a king size or queen/queen bed
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and guestrooms
- The Commons, a comfy lounge with an open and welcoming space for guests to relax, gather and socialize
- Complimentary Morning Spread, a full hot breakfast served daily for guests, a build-your-own Omelet Bar and assorted Breakfast Breads + Bowls Bar with steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and more, along with vegetarian and gluten free options
- H BAR featuring the Sip+Savor Menu, a delicious menu of home-cooked comforts and full bar
- 24/7 Guest Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries to freshly prepared salads and sandwiches
- A 24-hour Workout Room to keep fitness routines going
- Gathering Rooms with more than 600 square feet of flexible meeting spaces for up to 50 people
- Borrows Menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors
- A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 plus consecutive nights
- Additional services, including Guest Laundry and complimentary grocery shopping available to extended-stay guests
Hyatt House New Orleans/Downtown is under the leadership of General Manager Jane Tebbe Shute. In her role, Tebbe Shute is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s more than 50 associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt House brand is known. Tebbe Shute is joined by Director of Sales Jennifer Jones, who is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers frequenting the New Orleans area.
Hyatt House, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, launched in 2012 and offers more than 60 locations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.